There's a "new" five star river cruise company in town that is blowing the socks off of Americans when they are cruising in Europe. Scenic Cruises, an Australian company, has been doing river cruises in Europe since 2008 and is an offshoot of it's parent company Scenic Tours, which began in business as a tour operator in 1986. While Scenic is well known in Europe, last year they began marketing to the U.S. to great kudo's.
Scenic refers to their ships as "Space Ships" because their cabins on average are 24% bigger than traditional river cruise ships. Another big advantage of Scenic is that they offer butler service with every cabin!
Scenic is all inclusive - which means everything is included, such as transfers, dining, excursions, beer, wine, soda and water all day. Their ships feature unique "Sun Lounges" - which encloses the entire balcony at the touch of a button, meaning you can sit out on your balcony if it's raining and not have to worry about getting wet. Suites on the Diamond and Sapphire decks feature private outdoor balconies, unlike the Romeo and Juliet balconies found on other lines.
ALL-INCLUSIVE MEANS… ALL-INCLUSIVE!
- A personal butler for EVERY guest
- Unlimited drinks all day and night*
- All airport transfers
- Free WiFi throughout the ship
- In-suite mini-bar restocked daily
- Nightly turndown service
- The finest in Egyptian cotton linens
- L’Occitane amenities
- Private in-suite safe
- 24-hour room service
- In-suite Mac-mini infotainment system
- Scenic Riverview (our onboard commentary guide)
- ALL tipping and gratuities
* Premium/Top Shelf liquors are included. Ultra-premium liquors and spirits, French champagnes, and vintage wines are available at an additional cost.
- Scenic FreeChoice offers multiple coach, walking, and bicycling excursions at every port. Each excursion is designed for immersion into the local culture and history while providing the choice for independent discovery.
- Scenic Enrich provides exclusive, memorable special events that are included at no extra charge. Most other cruise lines charge an extra fee for these exclusive events. Typically there are one to two offered per cruise.
- Scenic Sundowners - new in 2015, Sundowners are our exclusive cocktail receptions hosted at some of Europe’s most majestic locations where your clients will toast to the day’s end in style.
- Scenic Tailormade - each guest will be provided a GPS driven device which is preloaded with over 600 informational self-guided tours. The Tailormade can be used as a headset to hear the tour guides or as a GPS unit for travelers to use on their own to independently tour the local area walking or on a bike.
- Electric assist bicycles enable travelers to venture beyond the normal coach or walking tour. Each cruise offers one or two guided bike tours and travelers can use them independently with or without the Scenic Tailormade. Our bicycles allow your clients to see Europe beyond the typical shore excursion, creating unique and wonderful memories.